Thanksgiving Day is something that we don’t normally celebrate here in the Philippines. However, we are slowly getting acquainted with such occasion.
Although days have passed since this occasion, it would be nice to stop and think about things to be grateful for. I made a blog entry for this in one of my oldest blog, and I used make a list every year, and I’m not sure why I stopped.
- I thank God for the life I’m living. It’s not perfect, and it’s not going the way I wanted it to be, but it’s my life – a life so unique that it was given to me. I still have a long way to go, and I may not know now the reasons for what’s happening in my life, and for my purpose here on earth, I still thank God for giving me a chance to live.
- I thank God for my job. Yes, I have a love-hate relationship with it, but I am thankful to be given a chance for this job. I always have fear of not being able to get a job, because I never graduated from college, but here I am now. I thank God for my bosses who understand me, and my colleagues who always cheer me up.My job pays the bill, brings food on the table, and give me a little luxury in life. Though I want to give up, I still do my best because I want to prove myself to everyone at work.
- I thank God for friends who went out of their way to reach and help me. I’ve always thought I am alone, but they proved to me that I’m not. Even when I want to be left alone, they still do their best to reach out to me
- I thank God for my next-door neighbor, who had been looking after me since Nanay died. They had made my life much easier. In them, I found a second family.
- I thank God for all the trials and challenges He gave me in the past. If He had not given me such trials, I wouldn’t be able to learn a valuable lesson. I thank God that He opened my eyes, and made me realize that I am stronger and braver than I think I am. There are times that I want to give up, times when I question why He had given me such trials at a very young age. But I know He will nver give me something that I cannot overcome. I trust in Him that he will not give me a challenge that I know I could not overcome without His help
- I thank God for all the small opportunities that he gave me. Though I know I failed, I thank Him for making me be a better person after each experience.
- I thank God for my Nanay. I thank Him for giving me her to be my mother. She is my strength, my best friend, my everything (I know this really sound so cheesy). She was always there for me, taking care of me, providing for me. She was able to do her role as both a mom and a dad for me. With her, I never felt incomplete for she have given me her love unconditionally. I thank God that she did not suffer that long. Sometimes, I question why He had to take her away from me. I may not understand His reasons for now, but I’m thankful for the 33 years He gave me to be with her. If I’m going to live my life again, I will always chose my Nanay to be my mother once again.
- I thank God for the strength and courage he gave me every day. I don’t even know how I survive until this day, but I know that without Him, I will be weak.
There are a lot more things I am thankful for in this life. How about you, what are you thankful for?